International Cannabis Weekly: 267
LESS THAN 5 WEEKS TO GO UNTIL BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK
Business of Cannabis: New York comes to the New York Academy of Medicine to bring you all of the best-in-class discussions, trusted insights and exceptional networking opportunities.
Secure your seat today and join us on 3 November, where we will be joined with a bill of first-class speakers and a packed agenda that will uncover the challenges and undeniable opportunities presented by the New York and North American cannabis industry.
GENEVA SET TO FOLLOW BASEL AND LAUNCH A PILOT PROJECT TO LEGALISE CANNABIS
THE GERMAN FEDERAL FINANCE MINISTER ANNOUNCED LEGALISATION PLANS FOR 2023
- The UK Food Standards Agency has rejected a freedom of information request submitted by HempToday.
- A recent UK study shows that cannabis is improving the quality of life in autism patients.
- Sanity Group has raised €37.6 million, with the leading investor being British American Tobacco.
- Cellular Goods reveals plans for £18.6 million RTO deal with UK CBD firm Cannaray Brands.
- An experiment in Belgium where industrial hemp was used to clean contaminated PFAS soil was successful.
- Sante France Cannabis recommends ‘planning the postponement’ of legalising medical cannabis by one year.
- Akanda plans its first shipment of medical cannabis to Germany from its Portugal-based Holigen operation.
- Brains Bioceutical opens the UK’s largest EU-GMP-grade licensed cannabinoid research facility.
- Somai Pharmaceuticals has officially opened its new EU-GMP cannabis facility in Portugal.
- Malta is harnessing non-profit models towards legalisation to ensure an equitable market is supported.
- Florida regulators are cracking down on several licensed medical cannabis testing labs, citing mistrust as the reason.
- Charlotte’s Web has signed a multi-year distribution agreement with Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits.
- The deadline for requesting Alabama medical cannabis applications will end next month.
- State data shows that medical cannabis sales in Ohio have hit US$1 billion since 2019.
- The National Hemp Growers Co-operative is exploring hemp bioplastic opportunities after university research.
- Medical cannabis in Mississippi brings in US$6 million in application and licensing fees before legal sales start.
- The Arkansas Supreme Court has said that voters will vote on cannabis legalisation in November.
- Oregon State University study has found spent hemp biomass left over from CBD can be used as lamb feed.
- 4Front Ventures announces the launch of its premier California cannabis brand, Island Cannabis Co.
- Greenlane announces the sale of its headquarters, generating US$9.95 million in revenue.
- Flora Growth has announced that it has completed its first exports of Colombian grown high-CBD dried cannabis flower.
- Canopy Growth is exiting its cannabis retail operation in Canada, including selling 28 stores.
- The province of Ontario made more than half a billion dollars from cannabis in the last fiscal year.
- TerrAscend has announced that it has entered into an agreement with TRP to introduce Cookies into Pennsylvania.
- High Tide has added two retail cannabis stores in British Columbia, bringing its total to five stores in the area.
- Creso Pharma’s subsidiary Mernova Medicinal has introduced new strains to a range of provincial partners.
BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK SPONSORSHIP CLOSING SOON
Sponsorship applications for Business of Cannabis: New York are closing soon. Get in touch today so you can position your brand in front of New York industry leaders at a defining moment for cannabis in the state and North America.
Join our sponsors and choose from a variety of sponsorship packages to elevate your business as one of the major players in the North American cannabis space.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- The Bahamas Agriculture Minister Clay Sweeting says cannabis bill will be put forward this fiscal year.
- Students from the University of Puerto Rico have created the Pro Bono Public Policy and Law on Cannabis.
- Former president Vicente Fox has urged lawmakers to regulate cannabis in Mexico.
- Since legalisation, Uruguay has curbed trafficking, but only 27% of people acquire cannabis legally.
- The Civil Police of Rio have approved a kit developed by the university to differentiate medical from illicit cannabis.
- The government of Grenada has established a Commission on Cannabis Legalisation and Regulation.
- Anvisa webinar addresses clinical research on cannabis sativa and its derivatives.
- Xebra Brands Ltd announces that it is set to receive cannabis authorisations from the COFEPRIS.
- Hemp Foods Australia has secured distribution in more than 800 Coles stores nationwide.
- The Australian Green Party has launched the first plan to legalise cannabis nationally.
- MGC Pharmaceuticals has said it faces 23 infringement notices worth A$306,690 for contravening advertising laws.
- The TGA has fined medical cannabis businesses for falsifying claims about their prescription products.
- A Japanese health panel recommends revising tough drug laws to allow imports of approved products.
Africa & The Middle East
- It has been suggested that Univo rejected a shipment of cannabis weighing 1.6 tons from Tilray.
- Canndoc launches new brand Humboldt – the result of a collaboration with strain developers from California.
- Panaxia has reported to the stock exchange that it intends to sell cannabis in the Czech Republic.
- Isracann Bioscience facilitates the arrival of premium high-THC cannabis genetics in Israel.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.