International Cannabis Weekly: 287
SALE OF HEMP FLOWERS GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT IN ITALY
The Regional Administrative Court (TAR) of Lazio, an Italian region, has overturned the decree on medicinal plants that limited hemp production to seeds and fibres. This decision authorises the effective use of the entire hemp plant in Italy.
The judgement states: “The national legislation of each Member State may limit the use of parts of the plant only if such limitation is strictly necessary to protect the right to public health.”
THAI LAWMAKERS FAIL TO PASS DELAYED CANNABIS BILL AS THEY CLASH OVER REGULATION
CANADIAN WHOLESALE CANNABIS PRICES DOWN 40% LAST YEAR
- An Italian court has overturned a decree classifying hemp as a narcotic, siding with cannabis associations.
- Amsterdam wants to participate in a national experiment to regulate the cannabis supply chain for coffeeshops.
- The Catalan parliament has passed a resolution recognising that Cannabis Social Clubs have a positive impact.
- Astrasana launches next joint venture for the distribution of medical cannabis in the Czech Republic.
- Juicy Fields ‘splinter group’ claims to be raising new funds to refund victims, but investors warned not to share details.
- The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and Institute of Medicinal Cannabis in the Netherlands organise ‘further training’.
- Intercure sues Better to recover loans as acquisition falls through, and Yooma pulls out of Japan.
- British doctor and professor Michael Barnes says UK patients can’t financially afford cannabis treatments.
- Love Hemp has been bought out of administration by Portillion SPV1 Limited for an undisclosed sum.
SURVEY: TELL US WHAT DATA AND INFORMATION YOU WANT IN THE FUTURE FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A CANNABIS EUROPA TICKET WORTH £350
At Prohibition Partners we are always striving to improve our services and content offering for our customers. Cannabis is a highly unpredictable sector and producing high quality, independent content based on reliable and credible data is challenging. For this reason, Prohibition Partners is considering the launch of a new service to provide our customers with more regular, exclusive content and data.
This service will also provide our customers with premium access to our events and digital media publications, as well as exclusive offers. We highly value your opinion and would be delighted to receive your feedback. Responding to the survey will also give you the chance to win a ticket for our upcoming Cannabis Europa London conference in May 2023, worth £350!
- A South Carolina Senate committee has approved a bill to legalise medical cannabis in the state.
- Don Murphy of the Marijuana Leadership Campaign explores ten reasons to be bullish on the SAFE Banking Act.
- New Jersey police can’t be tested for cannabis in most cases, State Attorney General says.
- A bill to allow Washington State adults to grow cannabis at home has cleared its first legislative hurdle.
- There’s a push to make medical cannabis cultivation in Pennsylvania more accessible for farmers.
- San Diego has been awarded more than US$880,000 by the Governor’s office for cannabis entrepreneurship equity.
- SAVO Cannabis is thrilled to announce the development of a genetics-focused cannabis cultivation facility.
- Trulieve Cannabis Corp. has announced its dispensary in Bristol, Connecticut will begin selling adult-use cannabis products.
- Hawaii Senate committees approve cannabis legalisation bills, and House panel passes psychedelics research.
- Verano announces the opening of Zen Leaf Clifton Heights, the company’s 16th affiliated Pennsylvania dispensary.
- New research, led by Washington State University, has found that CBD could help curb the urge for your next cigarette.
POSITION YOUR BRAND IN FRONT OF A EUROPEAN CANNABIS INDUSTRY AUDIENCE
Cannabis Europa is returning on 2-3 May this year at the Barbican Centre in London, UK, and it will be the biggest and most ambitious event to date – delivering cutting-edge knowledge and networking opportunities, paramount to driving growth across the sector. We want you to be a part of it.
We will once again be holding a boutique industry exhibition, showcasing up to 50 leading businesses, providing an even stronger platform for networking and business development, enabling business growth in Europe and beyond.
If you are interested in exhibiting with us, request a media pack with exhibition floor plan and more information on exhibition booths available here.
- ‘Canadian cannabis is in peril’: cannabis business owners are calling for help from the federal government.
- Canopy Growth has agreed the sale of up to US$150,000,000 of senior unsecured convertible debentures.
- Greenway has received approval from Health Canada for its expansion to four acres of cultivation space.
- A Canadian hemp composite producer has received a US$7.4 million grant to develop a manufacturing facility.
- To help retailers compete with the illicit cannabis market, the Ontario Cannabis Store will lower its price margins.
- Gaia Grow’s Canadian cannabis laboratory Tru Extracts is developing new product line with NeutriSci.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Hempire Paraguay, created to produce hemp cigarettes, hits the market with export potential to more than 30 countries.
- In Olmos, the first Peruvian cannabis industry begins to emerge with a projection of 500 hectares.
- A bill authored by Lincoln Tejota, an MP in Goiás, Brazil, proposes the free supply of cannabis medicines in the state’s SUS.
- The Canna Oil Agro company has signed an agreement with INTA in Argentina to boost the medical cannabis industry.
- College of Pharmacists in Costa Rica opposes bill seeking to legalise the recreational use of cannabis.
- Medicinal cannabis advocates are fighting for users to have the right to drive with the medication in their system.
- Australian Cannabis Nurses Association launches to educate, advocate for medicinal cannabis.
- The Lambert Initiative is aiming to establish a research body for Australasia to share scientific data.
- Drive Change launches crowdfunding campaign with A$5k donation from MedReleaf Australia.
- The Ministry of Health of Laos has issued Decision No. 3789/MOH on the Control of Hemp for Medication and Products.
- ASX-listed Creso Pharma has secured firm commitments to raise A$2 million via a share placement.
Africa & The Middle East
- Natan Lecht and Ilon Badil purchase stock exchange skeleton and other assets of the bankrupt cannabis company ‘Univo’.
- Anyone starting cannabis therapy in Israel will initially not be prescribed more than 20 grams of cannabis flowers.
- Israeli company Canonics’ new products contain at least 23% THC, made possible thanks to AI-enabled gene selection.
- Panyaza Lesufi’s lack of attention to the cannabis industry in his State of the Province Address has raised concern.
- Amended legislation in Zimbabwe has removed industrial hemp from the country’s list of dangerous drugs.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.