International Cannabis Weekly: 296
4 DAYS TO GO UNTIL CANNABIS EUROPA LONDON – TICKET PRICES RISE TONIGHT
The countdown to Cannabis Europa London 2-3 May has begun. The price of standard Conference & Expo tickets rise tonight (Friday, 28 April) at midnight. If you are planning to join us at the Barbican for Cannabis Europa London next week but haven’t yet purchased your tickets – now is the time to do so.
Save £50 per ticket by buying yours today. From midnight, Last Chance tickets will be priced at £450 per ticket.
MEDICAL CANNABIS COULD BE LEGALISED IN FRANCE ‘BY MID-2024’
ITALY’S 50,000 MEDICAL CANNABIS PATIENTS FACED WITH SUPPLY ISSUE
- France’s medical cannabis trial faces another setback as a stock shortage of the most prescribed product takes hold.
- A report from the EMCDDA says HHC has quickly spread around Europe and is a risk to consumers’ health.
- Long-awaited plans for state-controlled sales of cannabis in Luxembourg are expected ‘imminently’.
- Dutch pharmaceutical company MYCB1 is set to bring full-spectrum, GMP-certified Bedrocan extracts to the German market.
- European Stocks Review: Deepverge stock falls 60% and Yooma Wellness expects cease trade order.
- The UK should be leading the world in ‘compassionate clinical trials’, says medical cannabis clinic founder.
- The Swiss Research Institute for Organic Farming is in the process of trying to find better hemp cultivation techniques.
LAST CHANCE TO BECOME A CANNABIS EUROPA VIP – 10 TICKETS LEFT
VIP tickets for Cannabis Europa London next week are due to sell out today. There are now only 10 VIP tickets left available for purchase.
Purchasing a VIP ticket unlocks access to exclusive networking sessions, including a VIP-only networking breakfast and drinks reception. These tailored sessions will provide you with a platform to raise your profile and connect with senior executives from the cannabis industry and beyond.
- A lawmaker in Maine has filed a bill to allow interstate cannabis commerce with other legalised states.
- The takeover of Silicon Valley Bank by First Citizens Bank could help hemp companies in a number of states.
- The Minnesota House of Representatives began debating a legalisation bill this week after months of consideration.
- U.S. House Committee Chair claims the FDA’s failure to regulate CBD is a threat to consumers’ health.
- A bill in Virginia is a signature away from banning delta-8 THC and setting tight limits on THC levels in hemp foods.
- A new study concludes that there is no significant association between cannabis use and psychosis.
- Schwazze to expand with US$38 million acquisition of Everest dispensaries, cultivation and manufacturing facilities.
- Two brothers and their mother have opened the first independent and black-owned cannabis dispensary in Chicago.
- SNDL delivers ‘transformational year’ with record net revenue in Q4 2022 and 10x growth on previous year’s results.
- Cannabis sales in Canada last year were up 17.9% and have increased by 13.5% so far in 2023, despite a dip in February.
- Dutch Minister of Health, Welfare & Sport pays a visit to Canada to learn more about the legalisation of cannabis.
- Decibel Cannabis Company announces year end and Q4 results with record fourth quarter C$25.8 million net revenue.
- Indigenous cannabis companies set to benefit from C$2.3 million funding from the British Columbia government.
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream co-founder starts a new non-profit cannabis company to ‘right the wrongs’ of war on drugs.
- Village Farms International, Inc. is set to announce its first quarter financial results during a conference call on 10 May.
- TerrAscend Corp. has entered into a five-year agreement with Cookies to cultivate and manufacture Cookies products.
EUROPEAN MEDICAL CANNABIS MARKET TO BE WORTH €2.15 BILLION BY 2027
The European medical cannabis market is currently seeing consistent growth, with both established and new markets contributing to its development. The overall market size is expected to reach €2.15 billion by 2027.
While Germany and the UK are expected to maintain their position as the largest market players in the upcoming years (accounting for almost 75% of the market by 2027), the emergence of smaller markets is expected to bring a new dynamic to the industry.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- The legislative act that seeks to regulate adult-use of cannabis in Colombia has experienced further delays.
- Street fairs, film festivals and political debates take place on 4/20 in Chile as social stigma recedes.
- Cannabis legalisation across South America is currently in a state of flux and is ‘constantly evolving’.
- A resolution in Argentinian parliament backs the need for research to allow patients to safely access cannabis.
- ECS Botanics reports a sharp rise in customer receipts and explores ways to extend the growing season.
- A man has been executed in Singapore for conspiring to smuggle 1kg of cannabis into the country.
- Australian world-first trial set to study medical cannabis as a treatment for endometriosis.
- Medical Cannabis Australia has launched its first range of medicinal cannabis in Australia after a search to source product.
Africa & The Middle East
- Officials and regulations have been blamed for Israel’s cannabis industry ‘crash’, with some stocks down by 90%.
- Founders of Israeli cannabis pharmacy chain Givol have filed a lawsuit against majority shareholders Intercure.
- Only 100 doctors are licensed to prescribe medical cannabis in Israel despite its vast patient population and consumption.
- Cannabis licensing in Lesotho remains problematic – six years after medical cultivation was legalised.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.