International Cannabis Weekly: 302
CZECH ADULT-USE CANNABIS MARKET UNLIKELY TO BE READY IN 2024
The Health Minister of the Czech Republic, Vlastimil Válek, has cast doubt on the country’s ambitious plans to have a legal commercial adult-use cannabis market approved and ready to be rolled out by 2024.
SPAIN’S MEDICAL CANNABIS REGULATIONS IMMINENT
SUBMISSIONS MADE TO IRISH CITIZENS’ ASSEMBLY ON DRUGS
- In a landmark decision, EU Member States consent to an update of the Novel Food Catalogue.
- Diverse group of French politicians and celebrities calls for local experimentation with regulated cannabis.
- Malta’s cannabis authority publishes new ‘fine-tuned’ regulations for cannabis clubs.
- Products containing semi-synthetic cannabinoid, HHC, on the rise across Europe.
- Lithuanian government approves national agenda for cannabis consumption prevention and harm reduction.
- French CBD company Canauos invests in CO2 extraction machine to change the way aromatic and medicinal is processed.
- Major cannabis groups join forces to push for scheduling reform even if it falls short of legalisation.
- Nevada Senate passes resolution asking Congress to legalise cannabis at federal level.
- Colorado’s governor approves bill to strengthen safeguards for employed individuals in relation to cannabis.
- Maryland issues preliminary regulations in anticipation of cannabis legalisation in July.
- US House of Representatives introduces bi-partisan bill separating CBD from grain and fibre.
- California Assembly passes bill authorising Amsterdam-style cannabis cafes.
- German health minister visits Canadian government to discuss experiences with cannabis legalisation.
- In partnership with Leafly marketplace, Uber Eats allows adults to order cannabis in British Columbia.
- Canada’s Mernova Medicinal Inc. enters agreement with North America’s CannDelta, to expedite cannabis exports.
- Calgary’s High Tide commends decision to revoke 6% fee imposed on cannabis sales in Manitoba.
- Canada’s Canopy Growth Corp shares removed from S&P/TSX Composite Index due to ongoing challenges.
- Atlas Global Brands delivers corporate update and outlines strategy for future growth.
BUSINESS OF CANNABIS: NEW YORK – TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE
Business of Cannabis returns to New York on October 4 to deliver insights from leading voices across cannabis, investment, policy, technology and retail. Once again industry leaders, key politicians and cannabis innovators will converge to the heart of the big apple.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Colombian senators approve cannabis legalisation bill, setting stage for final vote.
- Deputies and national prosecutor of Chile meet to discuss medical and recreational cannabis.
- MMJ Holdings and Global Cannabis Production announce partnership to facilitate first DEA legal import of THC.
- Parliamentary front relaunched to defend the medicinal and industrial use of cannabis in São Paulo, Brazil.
- New study prompts increased demands for expanded accessibility to medicinal cannabis in New Zealand.
- Activists in Thailand call for sticking to cannabis legalisation and CBD for medicinal purposes.
- Cannabis advocates hail ‘stigmatised’ crop as the billion-dollar saviour of ailing timber industry in Victoria, Australia.
- Australia’s Ananda Professional receives further certifications from Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.