International Cannabis Weekly: 305
IS THE EUROPEAN UNION SET TO CHANGE ITS STANCE ON CANNABIS?
The wind has been taken out of the sails of European cannabis recently with Germany opting to curtail its ambitions of a fully-fledged domestic, adult-use market, following a meeting earlier this year.
NEWLY FORMED COALITION SAYS BIDEN ONLY HAS TWO VIABLE CANNABIS OPTIONS
IRISH CITIZENS’ ASSEMBLY ON DRUGS – TIME TO SHIFT FOCUS TO FUTURE SOLUTIONS?
- Italian government table proposals aiming to regulate the nation’s booming ‘cannabis light’ industry.
- MEPs to discuss legalisation of personal use of cannabis at European Parliament in Brussels.
- Germany’s Cannamedical Pharma expands extract portfolio bringing new cannabis extracts onto the market.
- Revised plan for the legalisation of cannabis in Germany set to be submitted to the cabinet by mid-August.
- Luxembourg government officially legalises limited cannabis cultivation and consumption at home.
- UK’s Love Hemp, which collapsed into administration earlier this year, pushing to be relisted on the stock market.
- Nevada regulators approve conditional licences for three cannabis consumption lounges.
- Wholesaler Greenlane retains NASDAQ market listing after meeting minimum bid price requirement.
- Cannabis-based medicinal products show promise as therapeutics for individuals suffering from anxiety disorder.
- Michigan researchers identify that cannabis shows promise in the cleanup of toxic chemicals used in many products.
- Senate committee approves spending bill amendment allowing VA doctors to discuss medical cannabis with patients.
- Vermont expands self-cultivation options and patient access to cannabis under a new bill.
- Canadian researchers shows cannabis can be substitute for polyethylene in packaging.
- Toronto’s Avicanna announces extension of its existing strategic manufacturing agreement with Medipharm Labs Inc.
- Vancouver’s Herbal Dispatch Inc. announces completion of its first export sale to Australia.
- Canada’s Tilray Brands, Inc. announces completion of its previously announced acquisition of HEXO Corp.
- Canada’s Canopy Growth Corp. reports fourth quarter revenue drop of 20% and fiscal year 2023 financial results.
- BC helps drive increase of retail sales of cannabis in Canada by 1.3% to C$411.7 million in April.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Governor of Piauí in Brazil approves new law that determines the free distribution of medicines derived from cannabis.
- Argentina’s Ministry of Security carries out awareness day on interventions with medical cannabis users.
- A guide to everything you need to know about how to get cannabis legally in Chile.
- MMJ Holdings and Global Cannabis Production facilitate legal import of THC products from Uruguay to the USA.
- Cann Group CEO calls for the Australian government to step in to support the industry, insisting on collaboration.
- Australia’s Bod Science Limited announces medicinal cannabis collaboration with Antah Group.
- ECS Botanics in Victoria increases production by 50% following addition of six protective cropping enclosures (PCE).
- Australia’s Bioxyne launches online healthcare business BLS clinics with technology partner InstantScript.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.