International Cannabis Weekly: 306
For the first time in its history members of the European Parliament held a debate on cannabis and have called for the regulators to clear a pathway for wholesale reform.
SPAIN WON’T SEE MEDICAL CANNABIS REGULATION BEFORE UPCOMING ELECTION
GERMANY PUBLISHES PILLAR 1 DRAFT LAW FOR CANNABIS LEGALISATION
- CBD maker in Jersey halts operations after Home Office blocks its products being exported to the UK.
- French President Emmanuel Macron unveils new policy regarding possession of small amounts of cannabis.
- President Zelenskyy calls for the legalisation of medical cannabis to help Ukraine deal with the ‘trauma of war’.
- Cantourage Group SE partners with leading pharmaceutical wholesaler in Austria to supply market with THC.
- UK’s Ananda Developments says that MRX1 CBD-based medical oil is on track for commercial launch this month.
- Parliamentary motion calls for GPs to have the same rights to prescribe medical cannabis as specialist doctors in the UK.
- 90% of cannabis cases filed in California courts have been settled, according to report by the state attorney general.
- Lawmakers file numerous cannabis and psychedelic amendments to must-pass defence bill.
- Curaleaf to begin adult-use cannabis sales at all four of the company’s Maryland dispensaries.
- NBA signs contract removing cannabis from banned substances list, allowing investment opportunities for players.
- Florida Gov. signs bill preventing residents of health care facilities from using medical cannabis.
- Washington’s CBD market set for dramatic change as new law gives control to cannabis interests.
- Canadian women frequently consume cannabis products to ease symptoms related to menopause, finds study.
- Packaging could be the first major application of cannabis-based bioplastics, according to researchers.
- TerrAscend concludes second phase of private investments, generating a total of US$20.5 million.
- Canada’s BZAM Ltd completes disposal of Galaxie Brands Corporation via a share purchase agreement.
- TerrAscend becomes first cannabis company to list on the TSX with revenues from multi-state operations in the US.
- Canada’s Canopy Growth Corp.’s shares jump more than 50% after it moves to pay down debt.
Business of Cannabis returns to New York to deliver insights from leading voices across cannabis investment, policy, technology and retail. Once again, industry leaders, key politicians and cannabis innovators will converge in the heart of the Big Apple.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Brazilian associations and researchers defend the legalisation of cannabis cultivation for medicinal use.
- City Council of Imbituba, Brazil, votes in favour of bill granting the title of ‘public utility’ to Associação Alternativa.
- Mexico continues to waste the potential of cannabis, a market that would be worth at least US$230 million annually.
- Political party in Bolivia set to present bill that aims to legalise the therapeutic use of cannabis.
- NZ firms are undervalued as a result of their growth potential, says Helius Therapeutics Chief Executive.
- Exasperated shareholders now facing lengthy wait as Cann Global deal falls through.
- Aussies and Kiwis fly flag for local industry, with delegates from both countries speaking at ICBC.
- Canada’s Entourage Health completes its first international order of bulk medical cannabis to Australia.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.