International Cannabis Weekly: 307
PHARMACEUTICAL CANNABIS INDUSTRY SALES TO GROW 20% TO $1.37 BILLION BY 2027
Pharmaceutical cannabis industry sales are expected to grow by over 20% over the next four years, from $1.14 billion to $1.37 billion by 2027, according to a new report.
GERMANY’S PILLAR 1 DRAFT CANNABIS LEGALISATION LAW HAMMERED BY STAKEHOLDERS
UKRAINE APPROVES FIRST READING OF BILL TO LEGALISE MEDICAL CANNABIS
- Spanish Health Minister confirms no movement on medical cannabis framework before election this month.
- Curaleaf purchases Clever Leaves’ cannabis processing facility in Portugal to better serve the European market.
- Scotland’s call for the decriminalisation of drug use welcomed by international experts in policy and public health.
- All roads lead to the legalisation of cannabis in Portugal, but when will it happen?
- Cancard and Grow Lab Organics unite to become first community-owned medicinal cannabis farm in the British Isles.
- Cannabis legalisation appeal launched in Italy so that the sector is perceived as a resource and no longer criminalised.
- Massachusetts cannabis sales hit record high of US$152 million, with state nearing $5 billion in recreational purchases.
- Cannabis legalisation bill put forward in Pennsylvania that aims to create jobs and generate revenue.
- Private entity firm, KMPG, tasked with reviewing prospective medical cannabis businesses in Alabama.
- Medical and recreational cannabis sales hit record highs in Connecticut and Arkansas.
- California’s Gold Flora Corp. completes transformational all-stock merger with TPCO Holding Corp.
- Fawn River Cultivation Company and BioLumic announce new partnership to redefine cannabis cultivation in Michigan.
- Canada sees dramatic increase in the amount of unpaid regulatory cannabis fees owed to federal government.
- Canada House Cannabis Group and Montréal Cannabis Médical enter second restated share exchange agreement.
- Kansas City’s Genetica announces strategic partnership with Canada’s cannabis tech platform Weedpanion.
- Canadian government urged to allow First Nations peoples the ability to regulate their own cannabis production and sales.
- Canadian cannabis producer Cronos Group Inc in talks with potential buyers to explore sale of the company.
- Toronto’s CannaConnect using medical cannabis to tackle PTSD in military veterans and frontline workers.
Business of Cannabis returns to New York to deliver insights from leading voices across cannabis investment, policy, technology and retail. Once again, industry leaders, key politicians and cannabis innovators will converge in the heart of the Big Apple.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- São Paulo expected to have its own cannabis cultivation by the end of the current government.
- ACCURA (Cannabis Cure Research and Support Association) opens medical cannabis extraction course in Brazil.
- PharmaCielo Colombia Holdings announces appointment of new chairman and CEO.
- Brazilian government intending to regulate planting of cannabis for medicinal purposes.
- Australia’s Little Green Pharma awarded tender to supply CBD50 products to French medicinal cannabis trial.
- Australia’s Medigrowth launches telehealth service and plans to build a centre of excellence.
- Althea claims A$3.2 million in lost sales after ‘significant’ TGO93 supply chain disruptions.
- Dunedin’s Oritain defies the flat venture capital market to raise NZ$91 million and is open to cannabis push.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.