International Cannabis Weekly: 311
Israel could soon see a dramatic increase in the number of medical cannabis patients as the government publishes proposals for sweeping reforms aimed at streamlining access.
CZECH REPUBLIC FACING ONE LAST HURDLE TO EU CANNABIS REFORM
COLORADO OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES ONLINE CANNABIS SALES
- Are ‘Milestone’ initiatives set to ‘unlock the potential of hemp’ for UK economy & climate?
- Althea secures approval of cannabis-based oil through Ireland’s Medical Cannabis Access Programme (MCAP).
- The battle for the Dutch edibles market has begun, and is set to continue for some time to come.
- 40% of cannabis companies in Germany will face insolvency, takeover, or liquidation within a year, survey says.
- Federal Court rules that small amounts of cannabis for personal use can no longer be confiscated by police in Switzerland.
- International medical cannabis operator IM Cannabis faces NASDAQ delisting for second time.
- Government shutdown threatens to derail SAFE Banking momentum, despite US$2.4 million spent on lobbying.
- Licensing of cannabis retail stores in New York temporarily halted by judge Kevin Bryant.
- Ohio to vote on cannabis legalisation in November after campaigners gathered 6,000 additional signatures.
Wisconsin lawmaker plans to file medical cannabis bill as the state becomes an island of prohibition.
Chicago’s Verano Corp. announces financial results for second quarter, reporting 3% sequential revenue growth.
Curaleaf and Green Flower join with University of Nevada to offer scholarship for online cannabis programmes.
- Canopy Growth sees Q1 revenue rise, but ‘substantial doubts’ remain over financial position.
- Canada’s Tilray expands into craft beer industry by acquiring beverage brands from Anheuser-Busch.
- Canadian government among the top unpaid creditors of failed cannabis businesses.
- Toronto’s Labstat Inc. highlights need for enhanced cannabis regulations to protect consumers.
- Study in British Columbia finds cannabis is ‘significantly’ associated with reduced use of unregulated opioids.
- Toronto’s Auxly Cannabis to announce second quarter 2023 results on 14 August before the financial markets open.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency contradicts its own resolution banning fresh flowers, say lawyers.
- The decriminalisation of non-medical cannabis for personal consumption on hold in Chile.
A month after bill to legalise cannabis nationwide was blocked, Colombian lawmakers reintroduce it.
Colombia’s Clever Leaves set to announce its second quarter financial results next week.
- Australia’s Epsilon Healthcare set to rebadge its THC Pharma and Tetra Health divisions under a single brand.
- An overview of the plan to legalise cannabis in Australia and how it could generate billions in taxes.
- New Zealand’s Ministry of Health receives approval to make changes to medicinal cannabis regulations.
- Australian cannabis musculoskeletal (MSK) clinical trial still looking for participants.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.