International Cannabis Weekly: 312
Germany has taken a significant step towards fulfilling its ambitious plans to roll out an adult-use cannabis framework this week, after the draft bill was approved by the Bundesregierung (Federal Cabinet).
SWITZERLAND’S FLOURISHING CANNABIS PILOTS GAIN EUROPEAN SPOTLIGHT
OHIO COULD SEE $400 MILLION IN TAX REVENUE IF CANNABIS MEASURE APPROVED
- Malta’s cannabis regulatory body issues its first two cannabis association licences, ‘in-principle’.
- NHS Scotland to fund six-figure clinical trial to explore the effects of CBD on pelvic pain related to endometriosis.
- UK research finds GP support for cannabis as an alternative to opioids for chronic pain.
- Ireland’s cannabis legalisation debate continues to rumble on, with staunch supporters in both the pro and con camp.
- The Association for the Cannabinoid Industry (ACI) puts pressure on UK Home Office to set THC limit.
- German cannabis group SynBiotic SE sees its stock price jump by nearly 50% to levels not seen since April.
- US cannabis businesses braced for increasing threats from criminals following Mastercard’s ban on cannabis purchases.
- Poseidon Dynamic Cannabis ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) to shut down less than two years after launching.
- Draft summary of South Dakota’s cannabis legalisation initiative released by the attorney general.
- New York’s Columbia Care sees Q2 revenue increase, achieving 4% sequential growth.
- US researchers shed light on how HHC binds to receptors in the body – and propose a safer way to produce them.
- New research shows state medical cannabis programmes lower health insurance premiums.
- Canada’s Halo Collective delists from CBOE Exchange after string of ‘challenging’ results.
- Aurora Cannabis reports skyrocketing revenues alongside falling losses in Q1 of the 2024 fiscal year.
- Federal judge orders Health Canada to review its Organigram case over what constitutes a cannabis edible.
- Avicanna Inc. gets Q2 revenue report boost following Medical Cannabis by Shoppers Drug Mart acquisition.
- Delta 9 reports Q2 results with company sales at C$18.25 million compared to C$17.5 million a year ago.
- Canopy Growth sees significant drop in short interest, a decrease of 9.8% from the 15 July total.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Brazil’s Supreme Federal Court (STF) resumes debate on the decriminalisation of cannabis for personal use.
- Argentina’s cannabis commerce set to take off as new categories open doors to huge domestic market.
Anvisa, the Health Regulatory Agency in Brazil, forbids advertising and promotion of cannabis-derived products.
How to obtain authorisation from the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency to market cannabis-based medicines.
- Medcan doubles capacity with its new purpose-built indoor growing facility in Queensland.
- Australia makes history by introducing its first-ever bill into parliament to legalise cannabis for recreational use nationally.
- Breathe Life Sciences and CanXChange launch AI-powered B2B pharmaceuticals platform in Australia.
- Great Southern’s cannabis retreat receives overwhelming support as images of the development are released.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.