International Cannabis Weekly: 314
In a historical development the US Department of Health and Human Services has recommended that cannabis be reclassified as a lower risk drug to Schedule III.
PHARMACEUTICAL CANNABIS PLAYERS ARE DRIVING TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION
NEW YORK BRINGS CANNABIS LICENSING PROCESS TO A COMPLETE HALT
- UK Home Office urged to provide greater clarity and protection for CBD industry through enhanced regulations.
- Strong indications that medical cannabis legalisation will make its way into France’s 2024 annual budget.
- Mamedica partners with Cantourage to launch the first of its own-brand strains of Canadian THC-dominant cannabis in UK.
- Amsterdam’s Ministry of Justice provides update in regards to cannabis trial in East district.
- SOMAÍ Pharmaceuticals receives EU-GMP Certification and raises €5 million to fund ambitious growth plans.
- Denmark’s DanCann Pharma announces the issuance of new shares as part of debt conversion.
- South Dakota’s medical cannabis card programme almost doubles the number of cards granted since it began in 2021.
- Florida Governor doubles down on hardline anti-cannabis stance claiming legalisation ‘hasn’t worked’.
- Recent survey shows overwhelming bipartisan support for cannabis legalisation in Ohio.
- Foster parents in Missouri can now legally possess and grow cannabis at home under a new emergency rule.
- Georgia Access to Medical Cannabis Commission votes to approve three new cannabis dispensaries.
- US study reveals cannabis does not raise the risk of psychosis in high-risk adolescents.
- Canadian cannabis companies turn to international medical cannabis market, seeing exports increase by 50% last year.
- Recent report states Canada’s cannabis market is showing steady growth but lags behind US counterparts.
- Tilray Brands debuts its new ‘Diamonds Collection’ by its premium cannabis lifestyle brand RIFF.
- Calgary’s Decibel Cannabis Company enters into a supply agreement with UK’s 4C LABS.
- Vancouver’s Digicann Ventures announces sale of investment for gross proceeds of C$225,000.
- Toronto’s Entourage Health reports second quarter financial results recording total revenue of C$13.37 million.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- Cannabis decriminalisation in Brazil: Analysing arguments and positions of the Supreme Federal Court (STF).
- Colombia’s Clever Leaves granted international declaration of carbon neutrality.
- Goiânia, Brazil, to host cannabis medicine symposium that aims to explore Brazilian regulatory framework.
- Bahamas introduces cannabis legalisation bills for medical and religious purposes.
- Thailand’s cannabis business is poised to grow too fast as it struggles with oversupply and illegal imports.
- New Zealand’s Rua Bioscience releases annual results as it continues to develop international revenue pipelines.
- Victoria to investigate road safety risks associated with driving while using legal medical cannabis.
- Melbourne’s Avecho Biotech raises another A$6 million to fund trial as firm enters ‘defining chapter’.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.