International Cannabis Weekly: 315
As the US senate returned from its August recess, Chuck Schumer reiterated his commitment to advancing the Secure and Fair Enforcement (SAFE) Banking Act.
CANNABIS COMPANIES URGE NEW YORK GOVERNOR TO ISSUE RETAIL LICENCES
UK HOME AFFAIRS COMMITTEE RECOMMENDS WIDER ACCESS TO CANNABIS MEDICINES
- Italy’s government another aim at CBD, issuing a new decree set to class CBD oil as a narcotic substance.
- Switzerland’s ‘pragmatic not political’ approach to cannabis reform should set precedent.
- German Association of Cannabis Social Clubs (CSCD) proposes alternative bill for controlled cannabis use.
- UK researchers identify ‘multiple lines of evidence’ to cannabis-based medicines in Long Covid.
- Belgium’s Deputy Prime Minister pleads for cannabis legalisation, proposing a new drug policy approach.
- Celadon Pharmaceuticals announces new £1.2 million contract with unnamed UK pharmaceutical company.
- California’s Department of Cannabis Control (DCC) doubles funding for cannabis retail grants.
- Latest US survey suggests cannabis use is reaching its highest recorded levels among older adults.
- Connecticut launches its innovative Canna-Business Revolving Loan Fund (CBRLF).
- North Carolina’s ‘Stop Pot Act’ could see funding cut for states that legalise recreational cannabis.
- Band of Cherokee Indians head to polls to vote on adult-use cannabis legalisation.
- New York’s Curaleaf Holdings launches its new brand of THC drinkables, Zero Proof.
- Canopy Growth’s stock price rallies nearly 50% following cannabis rescheduling announcement.
- Latest study indicates huge difference in pesticide prevalence between regulated and illicit cannabis.
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) eye change to cannabis use policy for members.
- Montreal’s St. Peter’s Spirits partners with Nana Pharma to build cannabis drinks facility.
- British Columbia’s Green Thumb Industries announces share repurchase program.
- Vancouver’s Serenus Global announces its first export of medical cannabis to Australia.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- São Paulo Regional Pharmacy Council (CRF-SP) debates medicinal use of cannabis.
- Argentine Governor takes the lead in introducing La Rioja’s first medicinal cannabis oil.
- Aurora Cannabis announces expansion of its hemp-derived CBD portfolio into Brazil.
- Exploring therapeutic plants and medicinal cannabis at the University of Santa Maria, Brazil.
- Government discussions indicate that the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh may legalise cannabis.
- New Zealand’s medicinal cannabis market set to grow as government approves regulation changes.
- Cannatrek awarded Good Manufacturing Practice accreditation for its Victoria manufacturing facility.
- Australia’s Bod Science demonstrates the effectiveness of low-dose CBD in treating insomnia.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.