International Cannabis Weekly: 316
NEW YORK’S ADULT-USE RETAIL MARKET WILL OPEN UP TO MSOs
New York’s Cannabis Control Board hosted a landmark session this week in which a number of major resolutions were passed, which the industry hopes will kickstart momentum in the state’s cannabis programme.
CANNABIS STOCKS RISE 20% FOLLOWING RESCHEDULING RECOMMENDATION
NEW JERSEY TO OPEN ADULT-USE CANNABIS APPLICATIONS FROM THE END OF SEPTEMBER
- Is the EU a step closer to legalising cannabis? Exploring how different EU countries view cannabis.
- UK’s Lyphe Group partners with Boveda INC from the US to meet UK medical cannabis patients’ needs.
- Government climbdown on cannabis medicine misled NHS patients, campaigners say.
- New research in Germany finds medical cannabis ‘effective’ and ‘fast-acting’ in relieving neuropathic pain.
- Seed Innovations’ stock jumps 30% after multiple announcements about its investee companies.
- CanXChange’s groundbreaking CX financing service ready to set a new benchmark for industry standards.
- HHS reclassifying recommendation could see new era in cannabis advertising.
- For the fourth month in a row, Massachusetts breaks its record for adult-use cannabis sales.
- Adult-use cannabis and medical cannabis sales continue to rise in Connecticut reaching almost $25 million.
- A California bill that would legalise cannabis cafes receives bipartisan support, passing in a 33-3 vote.
- Iconic cannabis brand High Times acquired by psychotropic innovator Lucy Scientific.
- New Jersey’s Cannabis Regulatory Commission (NJCRC) proposes rules to expand cannabis edibles.
- Active medical cannabis registrations and spending in Canada hit a pre-legalisation low.
- Investment trading for Toronto’s Canopy Growth Corporation resumes after regulatory pause.
- Vancouver’s Lucy Scientific announces BlueSky Wellness acquisition, expanding its reach in the Global Wellness Market.
- High Tide Inc. to open new Toronto store as it looks to solidify position as Canada’s largest non-franchised cannabis chain.
- Manitoba Liberal Party to crack down on illicit online cannabis sales in the lead-up to the provincial election on 3 October.
- Vancouver’s Ovation Science announces licensing agreement with Planet 13 Holdings.
LATAM & The Caribbean
- The Office of Cannabis Regulations in the Virgin Islands unveils new draft cannabis legalisation rules.
- Uruguay considering the possibility of regulating the sale of adult-use cannabis to foreign tourists.
- Thirty medical cannabis clinics to be incorporated into Argentina’s Santa Fe Health System.
- Aurora Cannabis partners with Herbarium, a herbal medicine company in Brazil, to expand its CBD portfolio.
- Polynesia set to legalise CBD with its eyes firmly set on medical cannabis roll out.
- Cannabis brands and China: navigating the uncharted waters of an emerging intellectual property challenge.
- New Zealand’s Aether Pacific Pharmaceuticals agrees distribution deal with Melbourne-based Novachem.
- Australian patients using medical cannabis show improvements in health-related quality of life.
on the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 80,000+ subscribers.