- European policymakers urgently require a strong research agenda for cannabis.
- Netherland’s PM hails benefits of legalising cannabis.
- Finnish Cannabis Association collects 25,000 signatures to decriminalise cannabis.
- Estonia’s Social Affairs Committee to discuss petition aimed at legalising cannabis.
- German medical cannabis company receives €7 million from European VC firm.
- Federal study suggests cannabis legalisation does not affect crime rates in the US.
- Aleafia Health terminates supply deal with Aphria.
- 10% of cannabis users in Canada made up two thirds of sales in 2018.
- Wisconsin’s Senate approves bill aimed at helping nascent hemp industry.
- 43% of Canadians are comfortable with cannabis dispensaries in their neighbourhoods.
- Recreational sales of cannabis are expected to begin in Maine by spring 2020.
- New Mexico’s medical cannabis patient numbers grew 4.7% in the last quarter.
- Quebec to appeal home cultivation ruling.
- Australia to provide US$2 million to study the use of cannabis as a treatment for cancer.
- New Zealand is experiencing pharmaceutical cannabis supply shortages.
- Zelda Therapeutics announces US$97.1 million merger with Ilera Therapeutics.
- Malaysian NGO asks government to reconsider stance towards medical cannabis.
- Efforts to develop a medical cannabis programme in the Philippines pick up.
- The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons call to overturn ACT cannabis laws.
Latam & Caribbean
- Brazil postpones vote on medical cannabis programme until next week.
- Argentine province to provide free pharmaceutical cannabis in hospitals for clinical trials.
- Panama lawmakers take initiative to legalise medical cannabis.
- Jamaican Stock Exchange braces itself for the impacts of the SAFE Banking Act.
- Mexico to develop its own cannabis-based pharmaceuticals.
- President of Mexico announces cannabis legalisation ‘not on our agenda’.
Cannabis Europa is bringing key European innovators, regulators and operators to the North American market, facilitating transatlantic cooperation in the world’s two leading cannabis markets. The events are your chance to gain unrivalled access to our exclusive network of industry leaders.
On November 5th, Cannabis Europa Toronto: The Transatlantic Forum will explore and facilitate partnerships between Canada and Europe in the cannabis industry. This forum aims to help companies navigate the European space and bridge the gap between the two markets at the historic Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto.
On November 7th, Cannabis Europa New York: The Leaders Summit will take place at the Metropolitan Club and will provide an intimate and exclusive platform for industry front-runners and pioneers looking to gain a competitive edge in the international market.
The North American Cannabis Report™
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...