- Domestic producers in Germany to sell wholesale medical cannabis at €2.30 per gram.
- Cyprus delays cultivation bidding process to review licensing fees.
- Danish government in early talks over future of medical cannabis pilot programme.
- The EU should adopt German standards on medical cannabis, say new lobby group.
- UK-based cannabis investors continue to face criminal risks of overseas investments.
- Province Brands to launch CBD-infused beer in Ireland.
- Canada’s cannabis supply now 2.5 times greater than annual demand.
- California is raising taxes on cannabis again.
- Colorado issues safety advisory for potentially contaminated cannabis products.
- Legal cannabis sales in Canada declined in September.
- Michigan temporarily suspends the sale of cannabis vaping products.
- Boston’s mayor approves overhaul of the city’s cannabis business review process.
- Canopy Growth unveils new portfolio of cannabis-infused products.
Africa & Middle East
Health & Science
- Researchers develop new targeted chemotherapy technique using CBD.
- Research suggests cannabis use effective at reducing headache and migraine pain.
- US government set to end addiction treatment funds being spent on medical cannabis.
- Irish Health Research Board says more youth seek support for cannabis use disorder.
- Another study of vaping-related illness identifies vitamin E acetate as likely cause.
The New Normal
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The New Normal Report, in collaboration with Protein Agency.
The report documents the rise of CBD and the permeation of cannabis into mainstream culture, analysing:
• How cannabis is disrupting mainstream industries from beauty to lifestyle.
• Consumer trends that are driving growth in the emerging cannabis market.
• The brands and businesses taking cannabis onto the high street.
Cannabis Europa Madrid takes place on February 10th at the Intercontinental Hotel. Early bird tickets are now on sale for just €399.
Join us for the first-ever Cannabis Europa in Spain, to discuss the most pertinent questions for Spanish and European industries. Learn from industry experts, network with policymakers and debate the future of medical cannabis in Europe.
IMN and Prohibition Partners are excited to announce the next event in our series of European cannabis investment conferences, IC3 Frankfurt, bringing investment and finance leaders to Europe’s largest cannabis market.
The IC3 conferences provide a meeting place for investors who wish to deploy capital or learn more about this exciting and high-growth new asset class, showcasing the cannabis companies and investment funds who are looking to raise money, and professional service providers who facilitate business across the industry.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
North Macedonia considers legalisation of adult-use cannabis and Argentina’s government plans to remove cannabis from...
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...