- New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls.
- Majority of Canadian patients access cannabis through the recreational or black markets.
- Swedish survey finds 65% of citizens support increased medical cannabis access.
- Key insights from The Impact Series: Disrupting Drinks report.
- Inflated UK CBD market faces price drop as companies introduce cut-price products.
- UK FSA releases further guidance on CBD Novel Food application requirements.
- Patient numbers drop as only 12% of approved imports reach the Danish market.
- Albania ranks sixth in the world for black market cannabis resin imports to Europe.
- Greece’s Kalacan Hellas receives licence to establish cannabis manufacturing facilities.
Prohibition Partners consumer survey, conducted between March and May 2020, shows that over 15% of the Canadian adult population uses cannabis for medicinal reasons.
- Arizona cannabis legalisation activists turn in 420,000 signatures to qualify for the ballot.
- Attorney General may face inquiry over alleged improper investigation of cannabis firms.
- Virginia’s cannabis decriminalisation law formally comes into effect.
- Ohio Senate votes to expand decriminalised cannabis limit to 200 grams.
- Oregon drug treatment and decriminalisation measure qualifies for the November ballot.
- Survey finds Canadians generally have low brand awareness for cannabis products.
- Health Canada extends expiry date of registration by six months due to COVID-19.
- Canadian and Spanish cannabis firms team up to distribute high-CBG hemp in Canada.
- Health Canada warns that celebrity affiliation with cannabis may be noncompliant.
- Auxly Cannabis to scale back international activity, cutting around a dozen jobs.
Latam & Caribbean
- Brazil to trial the effects of medical cannabis on front-line medical workers’ mental health.
- US Virgin Islands Senate passes bill to change the make-up of cannabis advisory board.
- São Paulo court grants couple the right to cultivate cannabis for their children.
- Khiron expands EU footprint following Spanish distribution deal with Red Yellow Red.
- Little Green Pharma exports 1,000 units of medical cannabis oil to the UK.
- New polling finds 56% of New Zealanders intend to vote ‘Yes’ on cannabis legalisation.
- Thai FDA proposes bill to abolish five-year ban on private-sector cannabis business.
- Poll finds 72% support for cannabis legalisation among Māori population.
Africa & Middle East
- South African cannabis activist Julian Stobbs fatally shot during armed robbery.
- Israel’s Syqe Medical reports clinical trial showing inhaled THC effective for pain relief.
- South Africa developing new cannabis use laws in line with 2018 Supreme Court ruling.
- Number of complaints rise over Israeli Health Ministry’s approach to cannabis.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Prohibition Partners finds that the overall majority of cannabis/CBD/hemp-infused drinks consumers are men. However, in emerging markets where THC-infused products are not available & the market focus is on health and wellbeing, women are more likely to dominate the consumer space.
Learn more about consumer behaviour and purchase profiles surrounding cannabis-based beverages in the latest industry report from Prohibition Partners.