- New INCB report suggests that WHO cannabis recommendations may not ease controls.
- Majority of Canadian patients access cannabis through the recreational or black markets.
- Swedish survey finds 65% of citizens support increased medical cannabis access.
- Key insights from The Impact Series: Disrupting Drinks report.
- Inflated UK CBD market faces price drop as companies introduce cut-price products.
- UK FSA releases further guidance on CBD Novel Food application requirements.
- Patient numbers drop as only 12% of approved imports reach the Danish market.
- Albania ranks sixth in the world for black market cannabis resin imports to Europe.
- Greece’s Kalacan Hellas receives licence to establish cannabis manufacturing facilities.
Prohibition Partners consumer survey, conducted between March and May 2020, shows that over 15% of the Canadian adult population uses cannabis for medicinal reasons.
- Arizona cannabis legalisation activists turn in 420,000 signatures to qualify for the ballot.
- Attorney General may face inquiry over alleged improper investigation of cannabis firms.
- Virginia’s cannabis decriminalisation law formally comes into effect.
- Ohio Senate votes to expand decriminalised cannabis limit to 200 grams.
- Oregon drug treatment and decriminalisation measure qualifies for the November ballot.
- Survey finds Canadians generally have low brand awareness for cannabis products.
- Health Canada extends expiry date of registration by six months due to COVID-19.
- Canadian and Spanish cannabis firms team up to distribute high-CBG hemp in Canada.
- Health Canada warns that celebrity affiliation with cannabis may be noncompliant.
- Auxly Cannabis to scale back international activity, cutting around a dozen jobs.
Latam & Caribbean
- Brazil to trial the effects of medical cannabis on front-line medical workers’ mental health.
- US Virgin Islands Senate passes bill to change the make-up of cannabis advisory board.
- São Paulo court grants couple the right to cultivate cannabis for their children.
- Khiron expands EU footprint following Spanish distribution deal with Red Yellow Red.
- Little Green Pharma exports 1,000 units of medical cannabis oil to the UK.
- New polling finds 56% of New Zealanders intend to vote ‘Yes’ on cannabis legalisation.
- Thai FDA proposes bill to abolish five-year ban on private-sector cannabis business.
- Poll finds 72% support for cannabis legalisation among Māori population.
Africa & Middle East
- South African cannabis activist Julian Stobbs fatally shot during armed robbery.
- Israel’s Syqe Medical reports clinical trial showing inhaled THC effective for pain relief.
- South Africa developing new cannabis use laws in line with 2018 Supreme Court ruling.
- Number of complaints rise over Israeli Health Ministry’s approach to cannabis.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
Prohibition Partners finds that the overall majority of cannabis/CBD/hemp-infused drinks consumers are men. However, in emerging markets where THC-infused products are not available & the market focus is on health and wellbeing, women are more likely to dominate the consumer space.
Learn more about consumer behaviour and purchase profiles surrounding cannabis-based beverages in the latest industry report from Prohibition Partners.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
The Pharmaceutical Cannabis Report is released by Prohibition Partners, France begins looking for cannabis suppliers...
COVID-19 IMPACTING CBD PURCHASES AND NEW ZEALAND SET TO HEAD TO THE POLLS FOR CANNABIS...
Australia records a record number of medical cannabis authorisations while major cannabinoid firm loses almost...