- Australia records record monthly medical cannabis patient growth in July.
- Online sentiment predominantly positive ahead of New Zealand cannabis referendum.
- Portugal establishes a regulatory framework for the nation’s hemp industry.
- Thai Cabinet approves draft law to expand the nation’s cannabis industry.
- Europe’s largest cannabis registry, Project Twenty21, goes live.
- Switzerland refunds €42.5 million in taxes to low-THC cannabis farmers and producers.
- Cyprus passes bill to regulate the prescription and distribution of medical cannabis.
- Tilray recalls weak-THC batches of medical cannabis oils supplied to Germany.
- European-owned medical cannabis is now available in German pharmacies.
The Impact Series: Disrupting Drinks details the result of Prohibition Partners’ unique consumer research polling, covering over 15,000 adults across seven-country markets evaluating usage, purchase and attitudes towards cannabinoid-based products.
Our analysis also includes an investigation into the latest developments across global regulations and legislation, providing clarity for investors, operators and market entrants.
Get your copy of Impact: Disrupting Drinks, now.
- Bruce Linton aims to ‘revitalise hemp’ with The Collective Growth Corporation.
- FDA approves Epidiolex for the treatment of tuberous sclerosis complex seizures.
- Rhode Island governor supports legalising cannabis to raise state revenue.
- Illinois adult-use cannabis sales reach over US$300 million since January 2020.
- Michigan allows stand-alone adult-use cannabis licences one year early.
- Canadian cannabis companies receive a deadline extension for annual regulatory fees.
- FSD Pharma liquidates cannabis subsidiary, FV Pharma, to focus on COVID-19 vaccine.
- Canada’s legal cannabis industry contributes CA$4.7 billion to the economy.
- MYM Nutraceuticals acquires licensed cultivator Highland Grow.
- Cronos Group reports an operating loss of US$31.3 million in Q2 2020.
- A medical spray created by MGC Pharmaceuticals may help treat COVID-19 symptoms.
- Village Farms International has announced it will acquire a stake in Altum International.
- Cannabis criminalisation is costing Australia AU$1.1 billion annually.
- Myanmar plans to legalise hemp production for commercial products.
- Little Green Pharma plans to support cannabis facilities with Western Australia grant.
The Disrupting Drinks Report
The largest ever month-on-month increase of cannabis patient authorisations was recorded in Australia for the month of July, as patient figures were shown to surge in newly released data from Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...