Business & Investment
- The medical cannabis market is predicted to grow by $50 billion at a CAGR of 17.1%.
- Tilray and Chronos Group, two of Canada’s biggest producers, are recognising the potential of Europe’s nascent legal cannabis market.
- Las Vegas’ Freedom Leaf Inc. have expanded into Europe with their acquisition of Spain’s Green Market Europe.
- Israel’s Syqe Medical are transforming medical cannabis prescriptions with their new inhaler.
Regulations & Politics
- The new VolteFace report is ‘a compelling account of the consequences of leaving cannabis in the black market’.
- ReLeaf has called for the Maltese government to legalise and regulate cannabis in their new manifesto.
- Greek Deputy Minister for Agriculture, Yiannis Tsironis, has called for the legalisation of cannabis.
There is currently a tide of cannabis reform sweeping throughout Europe, yet there is still a small number of states who have yet to make any effort on reform. This contrast in approach is reflected throughout Scandinavia – although there is still a long way to go before any of these countries become European forerunners.
Prohibition Partners will be joining global industry leaders to discuss the future of Cannabis at CannaTech London this October.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
North Macedonia considers legalisation of adult-use cannabis and Argentina’s government plans to remove cannabis from...
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...