- Malta faces medical cannabis shortages leaving patients without treatment.
- The Netherlands announces the municipalities taking part in national cannabis experiment.
- France begins on-the-spot fines for drug consumption to battle drug trafficking.
- German cannabis advocacy group rejects CBD narcotic classification.
- UK researchers find CBD effective to treat memory related disorders.
- MediPharm enters Danish medical cannabis market with white-label supply agreements.
Over 150+ pages, THE IMPACT SERIES: Disrupting Food analyses exclusive consumer data from over 15,000 adults across seven international markets and dissects international regulations and markets to help businesses, brands and investors to understand the future of the cannabis food market. Get your copy of Disrupting Food, now.
- Analysis shows cannabis studies predominantly funded to research negative side effects.
- California session approves measures to reform cannabis taxes but fails to regulate CBD.
- USDA grants federal approval to Missouri’s industrial hemp programme.
- A recent survey shows that Mississippi’s voters support medical cannabis.
- Federal judge orders California to provide cannabis licence records to the DEA.
- Oregon cannabis sales continue to rise reaching US$106 million in July.
- Canadian household spending on adult-use cannabis reaches CA$648 million in Q2 2020.
- Canopy Growth plans to open 10 cannabis retail stores in Alberta.
- Aurora faces lawsuit over sublingual-strip licensing agreement by CTT Pharma.
- Ontario regulator commits to issue 20 cannabis retail store licences per month.
- New data show Canada has not imported any commercial medical cannabis.
Latam & Caribbean
- Chilean health authority issues a warning about counterfeit CBD products.
- Uruguay announces over 50,000 people are authorised to access cannabis legally.
- Jamaica’s Cannabis Licensing Authority aims to issue its 100th licence before 2021.
- MediPharm enters a supply agreement of cannabis extract with Cann Farm Peru.
- Thailand set to review new medical cannabis bill that will allow home cultivation.
- Medicinal cannabis company Greenfern launches NZ$4 million crowdfunding round.
- New Zealand voters split on cannabis legalisation referendum.
- Zenabis announces first packaged medical-cannabis flower shipment to Australia.
- Pakistan cabinet approves the domestication and commercialisation of medical hemp.