CONNECTING THE GLOBAL CANNABIS COMMUNITY
Prohibition Partners LIVE returns November 17-20 to connect the global community at the forefront of the industry.
Following the success of our inaugural June event, where we hosted 1,500 delegates and facilitated over 15,000 connections, we are back again with a platform for the industry to drive more innovation, disruption and change.
- The FCA has released new guidance on medical cannabis companies looking to list in the UK.
- Germany’s insured medicinal cannabis sales reach €75 million in H1 2020.
- Vermont lawmakers reach a deal to legalise, regulate and tax cannabis sales.
- Prohibition Partners interviews D’ Arcy Bond, Director of Newell Sciences
- French politicians urge their government to speed up medical cannabis trials.
- Nestlé and Geocann plan to sell VESIsorb high-bioavailability CBD products in Europe.
- In Germany, Cannamedical voluntarily recalls medical cannabis due to contamination.
- Luxembourg’s medical cannabis patients consume almost 270 kilograms annually.
- Everything you need to know about cannabis ID cards in the UK.
Cannabis is becoming the most disruptive force in the trillion-dollar global beverages market in decades, impacting non-alcoholic and alcoholic sectors.
Disrupting Drinks examines the consumer, the market and future trends shaping the industry while assessing the result of Prohibition Partners’ unique consumer research polling, covering over 15,000 adults across seven country markets in across North America and Europe.
- IRS issues new tax-payment guidance for cannabis companies.
- Florida medical edibles market first-year sales could reach US$250 million.
- Cannabis advocates launch a nationwide Spark the Vote campaign ahead of elections.
- Illinois cannabis sales set another record reaching US$64 million in August 2020.
- Virginia House and Senate approve cannabis expungement bills.
- Arkansas daily average of medical cannabis sales reaches US$600,000.
- New Mexico governor seeks to legalise adult-use cannabis to aid the economy.
Prohibition Partners speaks to Ana Kobakia, CEO of Pharmin, a vertically integrated Uruguayan company, formed in June 2019 as a result of a transnational partnership of experienced and successful entrepreneurs.
In this week’s interview, we discuss how the company developed its innovative seed-to-sale traceability business model and the success of their GACP-built hydroponic production facility.
- CBD food market identified as a major Canadian economic recovery opportunity.
- The CAA launches campaign warning against driving after consumption of edibles.
- Aurora announces it will disclose ‘material weaknesses’ in upcoming Q4 results.
- Canada’s cannabis market boosts the nation’s agriculture during the pandemic.
Latam & Caribbean
- Colombia’s INVIMA authorises Avicanna to sell pharmaceutical cannabinoids to patients.
- Healthy Grains exports South America’s first shipment of hemp foods to the US.
- HempMeds Brasil announces best revenue month in company’s history.
- Peruvian medicinal cannabis market left unregulated one year after decriminalisation.
- Colombian adult-use cannabis bill reaches a tie vote in Congress.