International Cannabis Weekly: 167
EUROPE IS RECORDING ONE MILLION
CANNABIS OFFENCES PER YEAR
Despite the slow advancement of cannabis deregulation across Europe, a high volume of offences continue to be recorded across the continent. However, when analysing the data, it is clear that large national discrepancies exist, with some European countries accounting for significantly higher volumes of recorded offences.
Find out how countries are tackling cannabis criminalisation in the latest feature from Prohibition Partners.
- Dutch government publishes Q&A to ease doubts about the adult-use cannabis programme.
- Major new CBD consumer report launched by Prohibition Partners.
- Sativa Wellness starts trading on the Aquis Exchange following Stillcanna merger.
- German approved medical cannabis insurance applications reach 100,000.
CBD: The Consumer Report
Prohibition Partners latest release, The CBD Consumer Report, presents expert market and competitor analysis and unparalleled insights from over 15,000 adults across seven key markets around the world. The report includes learnings such as:
52%, of consumers use CBD to help with sleep and relaxation
51% of consumers use CBD to manage wellness and to treat various health conditions
Nearly 30% of users in mature markets expect to increase their usage of CBD during the global pandemic
The OTC CBD market is expected to be worth US$5.8 billion in 2020
This report is a vital resource for business owners, investors, marketers and C-suite executives operating in the booming CBD market.
- Ontario government cannabis prices undercut illicit market prices.
- More than a quarter of cannabis retailers in Portland could face disqualification.
- Acreage Holdings raises US$33 million loan to repay short-term debt.
- The rise in SPACs is providing cannabis companies with investment and IPO opportunities.
- Hawaii governor signs legislation allowing the sale of medical cannabis edibles.
- Oregon cannabis sales continue to increase following COVID-19.
- New Jersey governor supports cannabis legalisation for November ballot.
- Colorado governor grants 2,732 pardons for people convicted of cannabis possession.
- Utah’s medical cannabis programme exceeds 10,000 patients.
Prohibition Partners LIVE
Prohibition Partners LIVE returns as a four-day virtual cannabis conference taking place November 17-20.
Connect with industry pioneers, key stakeholders and future partners from the safety of your own home.
- Ontario doubles cannabis store authorisations, issuing 10 licences weekly.
- B.C. municipalities urge the provincial government to share cannabis related revenues.
- Christina Lake Cannabis announces commencement of trading on the CSE.
- SpeakEasy harvests one of the largest legal outdoor cannabis crops in North America.
Latam & Caribbean
- Khiron sells medical CBD in Peru and surpasses 3,000 prescriptions in Colombia.
- Argentinian cannabis advocacy group, CCC, obtains legal status.
- Ecuador assesses hemp grain to replace corn in feed for shrimp.
- Mamá Cultiva Argentina launches therapeutic cannabis training programmes.
- Argentinian council debates a municipal registry for medical cannabis crops.
- Roughly 80 percent of New Zealanders over the age of 21 have used cannabis.
- Australian medicinal cannabis patient numbers increase as Australians stay at home.
- New Zealand drug foundation warns global competitors may undercut domestic growers.
- Bod Australia and China’s H&H group join forces to launch CBD products in the US.
- New poll suggests support for cannabis legalisation in New Zealand is shrinking.
- Thailand farmers hope to grow and export by 2021.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.