NEW REPORT EXAMINES THE IMPACT OF CANNABIS ON PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
The rapid growth of cannabis-based medicines is becoming a significant disruptor of the global pharmaceutical industry, but the point of entry has been complicated by the historic scheduling of cannabis as a schedule 1 narcotic.
However, pharmaceutical cannabis products such as Epidyolex, Sativex and Dronabinol have become serious alternatives to traditional pharmaceuticals and are beginning to shift how the pharma industry approaches cannabis.
The Pharmaceutical Cannabis Report is now available both in digital and print versions for purchase.
- North Macedonia’s NYSK Holdings opens medicinal cannabis production facility.
- LYPHE Group announces new TMCC medical cannabis clinic in Jersey.
- Bitburger Ventures invests in Berlin cannabis start-up Sanity Group.
- Drapalin imports 400kg of unirradiated, THC-rich medical cannabis to the German market.
- RotoGro secures US$1.9 million purchase order from cannabis cultivator Canniberia.
- Vending machines in Poland and Germany offer CBD products.
- AMP adds Little Green Pharma medical cannabis extracts to its sales offering.
- Billy Caldwell to receive lifelong medical cannabis from the NHS.
CANNABIS EUROPA RETURNS TO PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
Cannabis Europa makes a timely return to Prohibition Partners LIVE next month.
Between 17-20 November, European business leaders & policymakers will converge virtually to help shape the future of cannabis.
Early Bird Tickets (£115 / €127) includes four-day event access.
- Analysis shows Texas would generate billions in tax revenue through cannabis legalisation.
- Cannabis regulators demand Congress prioritises federal legislation bill.
- Medical association against addiction embraces federal cannabis reform.
- New poll suggests 66% of New Jersey voters support cannabis legalisation.
- Senate Democrat includes cannabis banking protections in new coronavirus relief bill.
- Virginia governor signs cannabis reform bill allowing offenders to prepay civil penalties.
- USDA approves hemp plans for Indiana, Michigan, New Mexico and South Dakota.
- New poll suggests 72% of all New Mexico voters support cannabis legalisation.
- Missouri launches medical cannabis sales at state’s first dispensaries.
- Virginia’s first medical cannabis dispensary opens.
- Canadian cannabis sales see a 5% increase in August reaching CA$244.9 million.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce is set to review the Cannabis Act.
- Ontario Cannabis Store earns CA$18.6 million during its 2019–2020 financial year.
- Flowr signs agreement to acquire Terrace Global for CA$63 million.
- Vivo Cannabis cuts 18% of its workforce to cut costs and achieve a positive cash flow.
Latam & Caribbean
- Uruguayan public officials discuss potential law change for cannabis tourism.
- Argentinian National Deputy presents bill to promote hemp cultivation and production.
- Ecuador approves seven types of licences for the production of hemp.
- Argentina plans to discuss cannabis decriminalisation and regulation bill in November.
- New poll finds 82% of Chileans believe a new regulation on cannabis is necessary.
- Rua Bioscience lists on the New Zealand stock exchange raising NZ$20 million.
- The Greens in the Canary Islands propose to legalise the cultivation of cannabis.
- MediPharm enters GMP manufacturing deal with Sunco Green in Australia.
- MGC hits record weekly sales growth of medicinal cannabis products.
- New Zealand sees an increase in medicinal cannabis prescriptions.
Africa & Middle East
- Nextage develops technology that allows cannabis molecules to reach the brain directly.
- Zimbabwe plans to offer incentives to foreign investors cultivating cannabis.
- East Africa has the potential to become a major cannabis export hub.
- Israel approves cannabis deliveries from pharmacies to veteran patients.