The Latin America and Caribbean Cannabis Report
NEW REPORT DELIVERS COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW OF LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN CANNABIS MARKET
Prohibition Partners has launched The Latin America & Caribbean Cannabis Report.
The report delivers a comprehensive analysis of one of the world’s most dynamic cannabis markets, including full country-by-country deep-dives.
The market is estimated to be worth US$168 million in 2020 which looks set to grow to US$824 million by 2024.
To understand how to capitalise on the opportunities developing across this progressive region, secure your copy here.
- Germany’s BvCW proposes a framework for a regulated CBD market.
- Eve & Co announces first commercial shipment of EU-GMP cannabis to German partner.
- Panaxia receives marketing approval for medical cannabis in Germany.
- UK medical cannabis company Hilltop Leaf receives development agency funding.
- Malta’s Chamber of Commerce sets up a section for the medical cannabis industry.
- Jushi Holdings receives provisional licence for medical cannabis cultivation in Portugal.
- Halo Labs completes acquisition of UK cannabis distributor Canmart.
- Italian study finds cannabis extracts relieve symptoms of burning mouth syndrome.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
Prohibition Partners LIVE is down to its FINAL 100 TICKETS, which are expected to sell out over the weekend.
Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with 100+ cannabis industry leaders and policymakers as well as the hundreds of investors, operators, influencers and innovators who have already secured their place at the event.
- The House of Representatives is set to vote on federal cannabis legalisation in December.
- GW Pharmaceuticals begins recruitment for US-based Sativex trial for multiple sclerosis.
- Cannabis regulators from 19 states form a group to coordinate cannabis legalisation.
- Texas lawmakers propose cannabis legalisation and medical cannabis expansion.
- New Jersey Senate advances cannabis legalisation bill days after vote.
- New poll finds that 68% of Americans support cannabis legalisation.
- Ayr Strategies agrees to acquire a vertically integrated cannabis operation in Arizona.
- Minnesota researchers develop a test that predicts plants’ CBD and THC content.
- Canadian cannabis stocks soar as Biden wins presidential election.
- Tilray sees net losses shrink to CA$2.3 million in published Q3 2020 results.
- Aurora reports adjusted EBITDA loss of CA$57.9 million in Q1 2021 results.
- Canadian researchers launch study on the effects of smoked cannabis on the brain.
- TerrAscend agrees to acquire HMS Health from Curaleaf for CA$27.5 million.
- Canopy Growth reports revenue high of CA$135 million in Q2 2021 results.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Mexican senators plan to vote on the revised cannabis legalisation bill this week.
- Uruguayan officials are studying the possibility of selling regulated cannabis to tourists.
- Colombia legislature shelves initiative to legalise adult-use cannabis.
- AusCann sells its interest in DayaCann to GrowForChile and Telor International.
- Jamaica’s government seeks to resolve banking issues for its medical cannabis industry.
- Costa Rica legislators endorse the legalisation of medicinal cannabis.
- Little Green Pharma enters a strategic partnership with Health Insurer Fund of Australia.
- Thailand’s Health Minister claims the nation’s medical cannabis clinics are a success.
- New Zealand government is urged to subsidise cannabis medicines to ensure affordability.
- New Zealand grants Puro a licence to plant 10 hectares of medical cannabis.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Canonic receives IMC-GAP approval for the operation of its cannabis propagation farm.
- CanBreed reports first-ever successful genetically edited cannabis.
- Nutritional Holdings receives a two-year contract to supply cannabidiol in Japan.
- Cannsun announces first harvest of medicinal cannabis in South Africa.