EUROPEAN UNION RULES CBD IS NOT A NARCOTIC
The European Court of Justice has ruled that CBD should not be considered a narcotic under the 1961 UN Convention, as CBD does not “have any psychotropic effect or any harmful effect on human health.”
- Spanish cannabis club activists, including Albert Tió, face prison sentences.
- Hemp cultivator Kombinat Konopn raises US$1.1 million via crowdfunding.
- Flower contamination forces Ever Pharma to recall CanPharma products in Germany.
- Spanish cannabis clubs lose up to 60% of their membership due to COVID-19.
- Alphagreen raises €1.2 million to launch new CBD services and fuel US expansion.
- Italian consumers driving popularity of cannabis light.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
FINAL DAY OF PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE ABOUT TO BEGIN
The final day of Prohibition Partners LIVE is underway and places are still available.
Access a full day of industry-leading programming and connect with the most influential names in the sector.
A ticket will secure 30 days of access to the entire four-day conference via catch-up. Online networking will remain open for the same time period.
Join Day 4 of Prohibition Partners LIVE, here.
- Lawmakers in Wisconsin’s capital, Madison, vote to decriminalise cannabis.
- Texas Democrats push to legalise cannabis but may face battle with Republicans.
- Cannabis advocates demand Biden appoints cannabis-friendly Attorney General.
- Montana begins process of adult-use cannabis cultivation and licence sale.
- Rhode Island lawmakers consider cannabis legalisation in 2021.
- New research finds COVID-19 increased CBD consumption in the US.
- USDA awards National Industrial Hemp Council US$200,000 international trade grant.
- Virginia governor announces support for adult-use cannabis legalisation in 2021.
- Public cannabis companies receive more than CA$25 million in federal wage subsidies.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce commences cannabis legislation review.
- Cannabis supply distributor Hydrofarm files for US$100 million NASDAQ IPO.
- BevCanna submits new product notice to Health Canada for Keef Beverages.
- Supreme Cannabis reports net income of CA$29.8 million in Q1 2020 results.
- Pure Sunfarms reports a 200% increase in net income in Q3 2020 results.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Independent lawmaker insists Colombia implements medical cannabis project.
- The Latin American cannabis industry is flourishing despite COVID-19.
- Costa Rica takes first steps in Congress towards medicinal cannabis legalisation.
- Clever Leaves announces successful exportation of cannabis products to 14 countries.
- Little Green Pharma successfully exports medicinal cannabis oil to Germany.
- AusCann agrees to acquire pet CBD company CannPal for AU$17.5 million.
- Bod Australia sees a 106% increase in monthly MediCabilis prescriptions in October.
- New Zealand medical cannabis advocacy group calls for broader amnesty.
- Asterion Cannabis enters construction contract for its medicinal cannabis facility.
- Althea Group has received approval to sell cannabis products in Germany.
AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- CanBreed claims it can make cannabis plants resistant to powdery mildew.
- Western Cape announces economic growth with help from cannabis investments.
- Court case is set to determine the legality of cannabis grow clubs in South Africa.
- Israel’s first commercial medical cannabis export lands in Australia.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...
CBD - A Supply Overview is released by Prohibition Partners, 53% of New Zealand voters...