International Cannabis Weekly: 175
INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS INDUSTRY HOPING FOR POSITIVE UN RULING FOLLOWING EU CBD DECISION
Last week, the European Union ruled that CBD would not be considered as a narcotic, providing a welcome boost to the cannabis industry while another major decision is set to be made next week.
The United Nations Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) will decide on cannabis recommendations from the World Health Organisation, which include suggestions on THC regulation.
- German lawmakers join calls to grant easier CBD access after EU ruling.
- French study finds 17% of people with rheumatologic diseases use cannabis to ease pain.
- The Irish Medicinal Cannabis Council lobbies for greater access to medicinal cannabis.
- Uzbekistan allows Maltese company Melabis to produce medical cannabis in Uzbekistan.
- Panaxia partners with Neuraxpharm to enter France’s medical cannabis market.
- Dutch government funds €1.9 million research into THC/CBD-balance study.
PROHIBITION PARTNERS LIVE
THE LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN CANNABIS REPORT
The Latin America and Caribbean Cannabis Report investigates pioneering legalisation from Colombia and Uruguay, joined in some degree by Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and St Kitts.
Our deep-dive into this area investigates the reasons behind the regions newly developed growth analysing legislation, production, innovation, the market and much more.
- Georgia’s medical cannabis commission opens applications for commercial production.
- TerrAscend receives permit to dispense medical cannabis at its New Jersey dispensary.
- Detroit city council approves equitable opportunity law for adult-use cannabis stores.
- South Dakota law enforcement officers sue state over cannabis amendment.
- New cannabis ETF, Pure US Cannabis ETF, surpasses US$100 million in assets.
- Illinois launches cannabis conviction expungement programme.
- New survey finds 60% of New York voters support cannabis legalisation.
- Connecticut lawmakers vow to vote on legalising adult-use cannabis.
- Canadian cannabis retail sales increase by 1.8%, reaching CA$256.3 million in September.
- Aurora Cannabis enters into a strategic supply agreement of medical cannabis with Cantrek.
- TGOD receives Health Canada approval to export medical cannabis to Europe.
- Canadian medical cannabis home grows accused of fuelling illicit market.
- Pure Sunfarms receives cannabis research licence from Health Canada.
LATAM & CARIBBEAN
- Mexico’s President states that cannabis legalisation is about ‘freedom’.
- Clever Leaves expands to Brazil through multi-year cannabinoid supply agreement.
- PharmaCielo achieves GACP designation for medicinal cannabis production in Colombia.
- Nextleaf Solutions granted Mexican patent and signs cannabis extraction agreement.
- Hempathy partnered with Yooma launches CBD beauty brand in China.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.