International Cannabis Weekly: 30
Business & Investment
- Global cannabis market poised for 1,000% growth to $140b report predicts.
- Aphria signals international intention after acquiring Nuuvera.
- Greece plans to tackle domestic unemployment with cannabis production.
- Vegetable growers look to cannabis farms for cash crops.
- Israeli medical cannabis company proposes joint venture with Canadian company.
- Firms look to invest in Malta as government eyes up new cannabis legislation.
Cannabis is regularly or occasionally used by 15 percent of Slovenian population and it’s estimated that 30,000 citizens self-medicate using cannabis extracts. However, only 160 patients choose to do so legally – via the legally approved synthetic imports.
As part of the Prohibition Partners European Country Review, we examine why so many Slovenian patients choose to self-medicate and how the state is constraining the cannabis industry in Slovenia.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.