International Cannabis Weekly: 40
Business & Investment
- Legal cannabis sales could surpass fizzy drink sales by 2030.
- MGC Pharma awarded contract for full medical cannabis facility in Malta.
- Switzerland is beginning to adopt cannabis as a wellness treatment.
- New cannabis consumers are looking for premium cannabis with food and wine pairings.
- Cannabis is the fastest growing job category according to top recruitment CEO.
- Disaster for big pharma groups as masses choose CBD over traditional treatments.
- Italian firm files patent for solar powered cannabis and cryptocurrency farm.
- The cannabis industry is preparing for the biggest 420 celebrations to date.
- Cannabis inspired beers are entering the drinks market.
Note – Prohibition Partners will be attending ICBC Berlin this week.
Regulation & Politics
- Lib Dem leader Vince Cable says legalising cannabis would help stop violent crime.
- The Irish government will finally pay for Ava Twomey’s medical cannabis.
- Israeli pharmacies are set to sell medical cannabis this month.
- Major political party in Northern Ireland backs medical cannabis use.
- Malta legalises medical cannabis prescriptions as production law is approved.
- Study shows high cannabis taxes can drive consumers to the black market.
The European Cannabis Report
Slovenia has only two million inhabitants, and nestles neatly at the foothills of the Alps boasting a series of rolling hills and alpine lakes. While cannabis remains illegal in the country, the medical cannabis community has been growing.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.