International Cannabis Weekly: 46
Business & Investment
- UK missing out on billions without a legal cannabis market.
- MGC plans 4,000 square metre facility in Malta to penetrate the European market.
- High demand for medical cannabis causes complications in Germany.
- Maricann registers letter of intent to acquire Malta’s Medican Holdings.
- Women cite ‘grass ceiling’ in male-dominated cannabis industry.
- Canopy Growth stock falls 6% during first day on New York Stock Exchange.
- Africa’s first cannabis dispensary opens in South Africa.
Regulation & Politics
- Doctors lead campaign in House of Commons to overturn UK’s medical cannabis ban.
- Calls for UK drugs minister to step down after conflict of interest is revealed.
- Debate: Would Britain benefit from a legal cannabis market?
- Loophole in French law causes confusion on cannabis.
- Scottish cannabis petition approaches target to trigger debate in parliament.
- Video: MPs, patients and experts come together to talk cannabis reform in the UK
- UK GP told to stop medical cannabis prescription for Billy Caldwell.
- Gibraltar cannabis proposal gets a mixed response in parliament.
- Zimbabwe turns to Canada for inspiration on medical cannabis programme.
- Australian budget office says legalising cannabis would add $3.6bn to economy.
Health & Science
- Cannabis could hold the key to kicking a smoking habit.
- Could cannabis be used to treat lupus?
- Should cannabis farmers should be exploring regenerative agriculture?
- Study suggests young people prefer cannabis over cigarettes and alcohol.
- Cannabis went extinct in Europe before farmers arrived.
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions. The Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
A big thank you to everyone who attended the inaugural Cannabis Europa. The sold-out event brought together over 450+ attendees from 25+ countries including industry leaders, politicians, advocates and patients.
We’re already looking forward to the next Cannabis Europa and are committed to our mission of building Europe’s medical cannabis industry.
The European Cannabis Report
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.