International Cannabis Weekly: 49
Business & Investment
- Israeli firm Together signs €258 million deal with unnamed Canadian cannabis company.
- Maricann terminates letter of intent to acquire Maltese company Medican Holdings.
- CROP announces Italian distribution rights for cannabis wellness products.
- Parisians line up for ‘cannabis light’, after France softens its cannabis laws.
- German health insurers release first insights into medical cannabis coverage.
- Cannabis products are expected to disrupt the beverage market.
- How to break into the European cannabis industry.
- Hemp’s diverse application is leading to renewed global interest.
Regulation & Politics
- Eight out of ten French citizens want to see medical cannabis legalised.
- UK customs confiscates mother’s cannabis oil after ‘openly smuggling’ son’s medicine.
- Five Danish political parties support the legalisation of cannabis.
- Maltese MEP calls for European quality control on cannabis products.
- Cross-party MPs mount pressure on Home Office to legalise medical cannabis.
- The UK needs to change the way they see medicine to support cannabis reform.
- Swiss parliament bans the use of cannabis in scientific studies.
Health & Science
- Data suggests smoking cannabis is becoming increasingly unpopular.
- Israeli pharma group seeks to match cannabis compounds to specific cancers.
- Canopy Growth donates €2.2 million for opioid addiction research.
- Cannabis is increasingly being used as a sexual aid.
- Study concludes cannabis use is not linked to suicidality.
- MMJ Biosciences applies for phase 2 trials of cannabis treatments for MS.
- Donald Trump offers support for bill protecting states with legalised cannabis.
- Creso Pharma enters the Colombian cannabis market.
- Tech giants are stifling growth for cannabis companies.
- Uruguay is struggling to meet demand for medical cannabis.
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s wellness brand Goop steps into the cannabis market.
Medical cannabis in Europe - The GMP Standards Guide
Prohibition Partners is excited to announce the launch of ‘Medical Cannabis in Europe – The GMP Standards Guide’, in association with Orion GMP Solutions. The Guide is used by manufacturers and legislators to understand the complex network of regulations that will shape the European cannabis market.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.