- Luxembourg’s new government releases details on recreational cannabis proposal.
- The EMCDDA publishes a guide to medical cannabis policymaking.
- Israeli government passes first vote on medical cannabis export bill.
- German cultivation tender faces further delays.
- UK patients begin receiving medical cannabis licences, but treatment remains costly.
- Canopy Growth acquires German vape manufacturers Storz & Bickel.
- Aurora ships medical cannabis to Luxembourg.
- A Turkish rapper is challenging the country’s strict cannabis laws.
- CBD oil continues to seep into the UK beauty industry.
- Wayland Group strikes medical cannabis cultivation deal in the Northern Territory.
- Changes to New Zealand’s medical cannabis bill offers amnesty for local growers.
- Australia’s MedLab launches European subsidiary.
- Little Green Pharma plans to list on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Enterprise software company 365 Cannabis expands into Australia.
Rest of the World
- Cronos sells 45% stake to Altria Group for $1.8 billion.
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte favours the regulation of medical cannabis.
- Canada’s draft rules for cannabis edibles expected in coming weeks.
- A proposed farming bill could clear a legal path for hemp-derived CBD in the US.
- New Yorkers want to legalise cannabis to pay for new transport infrastructure.
- South Korea’s move to legalise medical cannabis is causing cultural confusion.
Health & Science
- Cannabis researchers say they have found a way to increase rare THCV production.
- Canopy invests $9.5 million into UK cannabis trials for pain and opioid dependence.
- Cannabis holds the potential to treat diabetes but further study is required.
- Research is needed on the environmental impact of cannabis legalisation.
If you’re looking to make a genuine impact on the cannabis industry and grow your career, Prohibition Partners is the place for you.
For more information, click the links above or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oceania Cannabis Report
Oceania’s cannabis industry is in an exciting phase of development with Australia poised to become the production powerhouse in the region and New Zealand considering the legalisation of both medical and recreational cannabis by 2020. This report provides the first comprehensive guide to the governing legislation and market data across the region.
We are delighted to announce the first round of speakers for Cannabis Europa in Paris.
On the 8 February 2019, the brightest and best from the medical cannabis industry will convene at the historic Maison de la Chimie to shape the future of the medical cannabis industry.
Book your early bird ticket for 25% off full price tickets. Limited quantities are available. Offer ends 31st December 2018.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...
An additional 13.4 million Americans now live in states where adult-use cannabis is legal and...