- World Health Organization recommends rescheduling cannabis.
- Israel approves medical cannabis exports.
- New Russian bill may legalise cannabis imports for research.
- Ukraine’s acting Health Minister endorses medical cannabis legalisation.
- German officials receive 79 applications for domestic cultivation contracts.
- Danish medical cannabis pilot scheme sees expected patients triple.
- Swiss pharmacies appeal to government to legalise medical and recreational cannabis.
- The Green Organic Dutchman completes joint venture agreement in Denmark.
- Aura announces Letter of Intent to acquire 80% of German cannabis distributor.
- UK Food Standards Agency announces review on the legal status of CBD oil.
- True Leaf expands presence across European retailers.
- Organigram eyes up European opportunities.
- Israel’s InterCure reveals two-year expansion plan across 10 countries.
- Khiron enters into Uruguay with $13.7m Nettagrowth acquisition.
- Memorandum of Understanding with Dayacann gives Khiron access to Chilean market.
- Players Network focuses resources on Argentinian market.
- Khiron and Dixie Brands team up in Latin American CBD joint venture.
- Can legal cannabis curtail Mexico’s cartel violence?
- Victoria voices agricultural ambition of being Australia’s “cannabis state”.
- New Zealand expects tightly regulated framework for 2020 vote on cannabis.
- Victoria’s medicinal cannabis industry gets $30m investment.
- Cannabidiol brings relief to New Zealand toddler with rare “lethal condition”.
- Aussie Cannabis Company pledges 50% of hemp gin profits to indigenous project.
Rest of the World
- Thai Prime Minister suspends the review of cannabis patents.
- Trump’s US Attorney General pick will not go after compliant cannabis companies.
- PSIQ secures US$2.5m to become the only licenced cannabis grower in Swaziland.
- An Indonesian group is fighting draconian penalties to reform cannabis laws.
- Colorado approves cannabis for treating autism.
- Westleaf acquires Canadian retailer Canndara for $48.4 Million.
- Emerald Health joint venture secures licence amendment in Canada.
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. We’d like to thank all our partners for supporting original and independent research that is consistently advancing the European cannabis industry.
Next week, on 8th February 2019, the brightest and best from the medical cannabis industry will convene at the historic Maison de la Chimie to shape the future of the medical cannabis industry.
Final 10 latecomer tickets are available for access to the 8th February event only. Reserve your place at Europe’s premier medical cannabis conference.
News & Insights
Three months after the UK legalised medical cannabis, treatments are being hampered by a lack of doctor training. Medical cannabis can now be issued by the 80,000+ doctors on the Specialist Register of the General Medical Council but the lack of infrastructure, education and legal support for clinicians is stifling patient access.
Read the stories that shape the cannabis industry
North Macedonia considers legalisation of adult-use cannabis and Argentina’s government plans to remove cannabis from...
European Union rules CBD is not a narcotic, A comprehensive overview of the Latin American...
Argentina legalises medical cannabis self-cultivation & sale of hemp oil, Israeli government plans to legalise...