International Cannabis Weekly: 83
- ECH imports UK’s first bulk shipment of cannabis with partners Grow Biotech & IPS.
- European Parliament passes resolution calling for uniform definition of medical cannabis.
- French MP Ludovic Mendes voices support of cannabis reform at Cannabis Europa.
- ECH appoints four industry-leading experts to medical advisory board.
- Wayland Group’s GMP certification opens up German and EU markets.
- Irish MEP pushes for EU access to medical cannabis.
- Medical cannabis products to be offered to dementia patients in UK.
- Total of €350m proposed in new foreign investments into Greek cannabis industry.
- Portuguese company Holigen plans to build one of the world’s largest cannabis facilities.
- Classes to educate global cannabis producers to be held in The Netherlands.
- AMP German inks export agreement with Pure Life.
- Brussels’ reclassification of CBD could see sales banned for up to two years.
- Former president Vincente Fox predicts Mexico’s cannabis market will eclipse Canada’s.
- Jamaica is gearing up for international cannabis exports.
- New joint venture brings farm to table cannabis in Dominica.
- Clever Leaves becomes first Colombian company to export cannabis to Canada.
- Puerto Rico cannabis board approves Veritas investigation licence.
- PharmaCielo gets Colombian approval for ten proprietary strains.
- Zimmer & Company acquires leading Caribbean cannabis conference.
- Next Green Wave invests in Colombian medical cannabis.
- Cannavalate announces plans to create Australia’s largest cannabis farm.
- Althea plans to sell Australian-grown cannabis by 2020.
- Australia’s A.C.T. parliament to debate legalising cannabis for personal use.
- Cann Global announces Australian partnership with BioHealth Pharmaceuticals.
- Australian company Lifespot Health release Bluetooth vape pen that talks to your doctor.
Rest of the world
- New Mexico gets green light to advance medical cannabis bill.
- US Federal cannabis act reintroduced in the Senate.
- Malaysian government approves cultivation of medical cannabis.
- Hawaiian lawmakers unanimously vote for cannabis legalisation.
- Quebec faces strong opposition to bill restricting cannabis consumption.
- Canada’s black market to account for 71% of cannabis sales in 2019.
- Lure of tax revenues is helping overcome the legal barriers for cannabis in US.
- Two Roots Brewing launches “world’s first” cannabis infused, non-alcoholic beer in US.
- Green Thumbs acquires fashionable cannabis lifestyle company Beboe.
- Farm Bill fails to prevent arrests for US interstate hemp transport.
- British Columbia adopts co-operative model for smaller cannabis cultivators.
- Higher taxes and regulatory costs dent Aurora’s increasing sales revenues.
- Barneys to open luxury cannabis dispensary concept in Beverly Hills.
- Shopify opens up its platform for cannabis e-commerce.
Health & Science
- Synthetic cannabis shown to be effective in treatment of bowel cancer.
- New heating technology can increase cannabis yields by 200%.
- Advances in LED grow lights may increase trichome yields.
- Medical cannabis represents massive opportunity in sports medicine.
- New study suggests that medical cannabis is effective in around 85% of its uses.
- Endometriosis sufferers gain pain relief from medical cannabis according to study.
- Parkinson’s Foundation to consult with experts to study medical cannabis.
This year’s Cannabis Europa London Conference takes place at The SouthBanks Centre between the 24th & 25th of June.
Leaders of the medical cannabis industry will gather in the heart of the city at London’s world class cultural hub, the Southbank Centre. This two-day event will explore the latest developments in the UK market and the professionalisation of the industry across the European continent.
The European Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is delighted to announce the launch of The European Cannabis Report™ 4th Edition. The exclusive report examines commercial opportunities and regulatory changes in 33 European states and unpacks the emerging trends and market forecasts for key European cannabis markets. We’d like to thank all our partners for supporting original and independent research that is consistently advancing the European cannabis industry.
ECH, Grow Biotech and IPS create a historic milestone by importing the first bulk shipment of cannabis-based medicine to the UK. The landmark moment for the UK’s fledgling medical cannabis industry will greatly improve access for patients. Read more…
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.