International Cannabis Weekly: 91
- Greece issues fourth cannabis production licence to Pharma Essenza.
- UK patient issued cannabis prescription after having cannabis seized at airport.
- New Dutch adult-use market to begin in ten municipalities but unlikely to start until 2021.
- German drivers with THC in their system won’t automatically lose their licence.
- UK expert condemns lack of cannabis prescriptions for NHS patients.
- West Midlands Police has announced a more lenient approach to cannabis possession.
- MGC Pharma awarded licence to import CannEpil to the UK.
- Faroese MPs move to implement a Danish model of medical cannabis regulation.
- Swedish government-run pension fund invests in cannabis giants.
- UK doctors are witnessing a growing demand for medical cannabis.
- New clinical review helps clinicians prescribe cannabis products.
- Uruguayan cannabis company aims to raise US$35 million to quadruple production.
- Global Canna Labs receives approval to sell commercial medical cannabis in Jamaica.
- Plena Global targets Colombia and Peru for cannabis cultivation.
- Northern Swan raises US$58 million to expand its Clever Leaves Colombian operation.
- Uruguay’s Institute of Agricultural Research signs R&D deal with Spain’s Innova.
- New Zealand PM confirms cabinet is working on cannabis referendum details.
- Vanuatu businesses warned about cultivating medical cannabis.
- Australian ACT Law Society calls for overhaul of drug-driving laws in cannabis regulation.
- Hikurangi recognises the value of using New Zealand’s local cannabis strains.
Rest of the World
- US Attorney General favours cannabis reform bill.
- SOL Global completes US$41 million acquisition of 3 Boys Farms in Florida.
- Israel-Cannabis signs deal with Chinese healthcare giant Thalys Medical Technology.
- US firms gain ground on Canadian cannabis companies in race for revenues.
- New York State’s Department of Health holds up three major cannabis acquisitions.
- New Mexico decriminalises the possession of cannabis.
- Aleafia launches cloud-based FoliEdge Academy cannabis education platform.
- Canadian banks steer clear of US cannabis firms.
- South Africa targets three provinces for cannabis cultivation.
- British Columbia offers ‘growing grants’ to cannabis companies.
- Cannabis expositions draw 30,000 in South Africa.
- Unilever launches hemp-oil deodorants under Schmidt’s Naturals subsidiary.
- Save the date: European Cannabis Week takes place 23rd – 29th June.
- Hannah Deacon: medical cannabis saved my son’s life.
- Spectator and Prohibition Partners to co-host cannabis event in London.
- French PM – ‘it would be absurd not to explore the benefits of therapeutic cannabis’.
- Malaysian government gives the green light on medical cannabis research.
Health & Science
The African Cannabis Report™
Prohibition Partners is proud to launch The African Cannabis Report™, the first industry report dedicated to the African market. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our valued partners for supporting original research which consistently advances the global cannabis industry.
Prohibition Partners is proud to announce the launch of the first annual IC3 Europe, in conjunction with IMN. On the 26th of June, the Institutional Capital & Cannabis Conference (IC3 Europe) will provide a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
Tickets are on sale now. For more information, visit the website here.
On the global cannabis industry
International Cannabis Weekly newsletter brings you the most important developments, news and informed commentary on the global cannabis industry. Join our community of 70,000+ subscribers.